General maintenance of handbells is important, both for appearance and for preventing pitting from hand acids. Wipe off the castings with Sunshine Cloths after every rehearsal and/or concert. For efficiency, we recommend one cloth per ringer - it gradually darkens, but each will last normally for a full season.
- Size: 5 1/2" x 7.5"; very effective as a personal cloth for each bell position
- Soft, effective with a special non-scratch micro-abrasive
- No powder residue at all -- easy to use, even inside Malmark and Schulmerich and Whitechapel castings
- Non-toxic, non-scratch micro-abrasives
- Polishing action works until the cloth is completely darkened on both sides
- Also cleans silver, copper and brass; non washable
Also available by the dozen: Dirty Dozen
Helpful hint: it's recommended that approximately once a year the castings be cleaned with Blue Magic cream, to restore the full luster of new handbells.
We've used these for a few years now and find them excellent. Every ringer has their own cloth and polishes their bells at the end of every rehearsal. It keeps the bells looking good and only needing to be polished properly very occasionally.