In this packet are eleven two-sided position reference cards, one for each 'standard' position' in a 2- or 3-octave range of bells or chimes.
These cards are a welcome instructional tool for any age - these cards show each ringer or substitute ringer exactly what notes to play as they occupy a new position.
Both sides of each card offer clear graphics that are easy to read at a quick glance. (Click the small image)
- Side one: single staff showing all notes in position (including accidentals) plus submarking of shared bells.
- Side two: grand staff with piano keyboard below with labels marked for 37 notes. Entire 3-octave range is separated into 11 positions (2-octave range in gray; 3rd-octave add-on in magenta), including the individual position marked in bold color.
- Set includes 11 cards, position 1-11, range C4-C7 (2-oct. range, use charts 3-10)
- Heavyweight laminate -- meant to last "forever", year after year
- Size: 4" x 11"
- Punched to fit standard 3-ring binder
Suggestion: when introducing handbells to a new choir or to substitute ringers, place the individual cards on the table in front of the designated bells or chimes. Then place each card in folders as a handy daily reference guide.
It is a great visual aid for new ringers! I would buy these again but I think they will last a long time. Very sturdy!
these reference cards are a must for new ringers who mark their music. The cards show the octaves and where they are found in the music. this is great for non music reading ringers.