Highly regarded as the most complete and comprehensive guide to proper ringing available for handbell musicians!
This remarkable book carefully describes and completely illustrates handbell and handchime fundamentals. Here are a few topics covered within the 200 pages:
- Protect each part of your body with warm-ups and stretches
- Teach safe grips, rings, damps and weaves
- Teach safe ways to ring bass bells
- Illustrates all the correct ways to ring all the special techniques associated with handbells
- Give valuable survival tips for rehearsals and massed rings
- Provide safe ways to perform with multiple bells and special techniques
- Promote proper care of eyes, ears and voice
- Present the basics of breathing, nutrition and stress management
Excellent book!! All directors and ringers should own or have access to this book!