By Philip Young . . . Original Composition . . .
This is a glorious benediction, a beautiful progression of chords with an accompanying short narration from scripture with a final "the God of peace be with you all. Amen." -- we think it very appropriate to play with a silent and seated congregation at the end of a service, and think it would be appropriate in many meaningful or liturgical situations. The music never rises above piano and pp until near the end, and then it subsides and fades away.
There are soft cadences in four places, where the speaker quietly reads a sentence or two of peaceful words, and almost half of the measures include soft handchimes with their soft timbre. The music is Level 2+ only because of some gentle weaving -- which is slow and easily done.
This is music of gentle power and music of "amen" -- and we highly recommend this, for what it is, here at Handbell Services.
• Three octaves of handchimes are absolutely required for this piece, from Db4 up to C7
• Key of Db Major, 4/4 time signature, marked "slowly and prayerfully" 56 speed
• Half notes and quarter notes throughout; there are accidentals in spots, and one particular "work-it-out" section for the top ringers
• There are no special techniques save a few accents
• Dynamics are pp and p, with one rise to forte
© 2012 Morning Star Publishing
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.