Arr by Cathy Moklebust . . . Sacred Hymn Classic . . .
Currently on sale at 25% off . . .
This is not the usual staid arrangement of this hymn! This has a solid calypso feel that is fun to play; ringers enjoy it for its bouncy swing. It has been a popular festival piece over the years that we've always liked, and is one that youth choirs enjoy it as much as adults. It takes some effort -- the music is an advanced Level 3, and uses a big grab bag of techniques -- but the syncopation used, once figured out, becomes continuous and easy.
The rhythm instruments incorporated (maracas and claves are listed, but more Afro-Latin percussion can be added) are necessary for a convincing performance, and are not at all difficult to play.
Recommended by the staff at Handbell Services for its sparkly rhythm and upbeat feel.
• Key of F major, 4/4 time signature, marked "with an easy Latin feel" 120-126 speed
• Very syncopated rhythms within quarter/8th note patterns, but the pattern repeats throughout (and once learned, is easy)
• There are a few scattered accidentals.
• Special Techniques used: TDs, plucks, malleting and mallet rolls, ring-touch, and a few ending marts.
• Dynamics are pp-mf throughout
© 1998 Alfred Music
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.