Arr by Kathleen Wissinger . . . Sacred Spiritual . . .
This is highly participational music (using the basic spiritual) that is published in a new and interesting format -- it plays very well as a piece for handbells alone, to start with, but it also includes (for the price of one added full score part that is also available on our website):
* a play-along half-note handchime part, written as 8 measures long and repeating -- the page is reproducible
* a play-along part for xylophone (Orff) and percussion -- very simple parts for children -- the page is reproducible
* a play-along part for singers (on the melody with verses and chorus) and guitar (easy chords) -- the page is reproducible
The handbell scores (CGB718) are specifically for the handbells only; the Full Score locates ALL the parts, and includes the three reproducible pages.
This whole thing can be done in a large variety of ways, depending on who you have available to play the extras -- the handbell part is very basic Level 2-, with simple malleting and TDs; the arrangement can be played with simple bells, or with all the "bells and whistles", or with any combination in between. This is terrific music for all parochial school choirs or youth choirs, and could easily be done with an adult choir accompanied by youths added in.
We like this adventurous educational formant very much here at Handbell Services, and hope it is the pattern for more to come.
• Key of G Major, 4/4 time signature, marked 100-120 speed
• Quarter and 8th notes dominate; there are no accidentals
• Special techniques (all easy) include bass malleting, TDs, a few echoes, and two concluding marts
• Dynamics are mezzo throughout
© 2011 Choristers Guild Publishing
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.